S'mores Revisited with My Little Helper - Another Pinterest Win

Every once in a while, I spend an evening surfing Pinterest and deciding which crazy new ideas I want to try. A couple weeks ago, our friend Chris was coming over for dinner, so while looking at Pinterest, I found a recipe (on my friend Kelley's page) for frozen s'mores and decided it would be the perfect dessert + give Reagan and I something to do together in the kitchen. 

We started out by putting graham crackers in the food processor.



Then we added some butter to the graham cracker crumbs.


I spooned a bit of the crumb mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup and Reagan used her cup to press it down into place.


Next up, melting dark chocolate discs with a little heavy cream...YUM! I placed it into a sandwich bag, cut the tip off, and squirted a bit of the "ganache" (for lack of a better term) in the center of each muffin cup.


Reagan followed up with the marshmallows. She was supposed to put 10 into each cup...


But I caught her eating some too:)


Next up - we mixed up some instant chocolate pudding with the best tool ever (the Kitchen Aid Immersion Blender with lots of different attachments - courtesy of Grandma!) and folded in the Cool Whip.


I scooped it into a large Ziploc and used it as a piping bag to fill out each of the muffin cups.


Then we placed them in the freezer for several hours. You can eat them as they are, or top them with a little more Cool Whip, mini chocolate chips & some of the graham cracker/butter crumb mixture. Super easy and delicious!!! What an awesome spin on a classic treat. Plus, it was a great activity to let Reagan help with!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun