We Don't Always Watch "Shows"

Before Reagan was born, I was one of those super optimistic moms-to-be. My baby will NOT eat fast food. My kid will NOT watch TV. Yeah, right. Don't get me wrong, we do a good job of interacting with the girls, playing outside, learning and doing projects, but to be perfectly honest, we definitely let Mickey (or Sofia, or Jake, or Henry Hugglemonster, or basically any other Disney Jr. character) fulfill the role of teacher/babysitter. 

Each morning, Reagan quietly walks over to our room, knocks on the door, climbs into our bed, and whispers, "Mommy, can I watch shows?" "Shows" is anything on channel 260 at our house. 9 out of 10 times, we will watch 5 minutes of news and then switch to her channel so I can get ready. But somedays...when Savannah is still sleeping...we skip the "shows" and spend some quality time at the kitchen table. And those are some of my favorite times...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style