Epic Thanksgiving Adventure - Part 2

After a good night's sleep - it was pouring rain, but warm and cozy in the tent - we awoke to a drizzling, overcast day. The girls popped outside while they waited for us to get dressed and saw a bear running away from the camp! (so disappointed I wasn't with them!) We decided to drive to a local picnic spot to cook breakfast. We enjoyed scrambled eggs with sliced turkey that the girls prepared on our new camping stove. Then, we returned all our food items to the bear locker - you can't even keep stuff in your car because they had incidents of bears ripping off car doors to get to the food! 

Jason selected a short hike for us and we set out. By this time, the rain had stopped and it was actually nice out. 





The size of the trees is insane! This wasn't even one of the giant sequoia trees, but check out the second picture and you'll get an idea of how huge they are! 









We took the somewhat steep, paved Mist Trail up to see Vernal Falls. There wasn't much water, but I did my best to scramble over the rocks and get closer (unfortunately, I only took my phone, so I don't have that photo for you). At one point, I completely lost my footing and ended up sprawled out on a giant bolder in front of a big crowd...not my finest hiking moment, but I survived:)  







Following the hike, we headed to the Mountain Room for Thanksgiving dinner. They had a set menu, but Jason was pleasantly surprised to find steak as an option! He looked at me after our meal and said, "This is the best Thanksgiving ever!" (Music to my ears!) We headed next door to the Mountain Lodge for cocktails and rounded out the evening with some more card games. Another wonderful day as the rain started to fall again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style