Today is the first day of the rest of my post-partum life!

Ok, let me explain...

Obviously my daughter is over 6 weeks old by now (and my "post partum" life is well established), but I finally got the clear to exercise again!  It's been way too long since the last sit-up/crunch I did, and I haven't run since the 5k Jessica, Sean & I did on May 2nd!  That seems like a lifetime ago.

Until my 6-week appointment where I got the go-ahead, I walked a bit and basically ate whatever I want.  Did you know that you get to eat MORE when you're breast feeding than when you're pregnant!  Crazy, huh?  Well, apparently it's hard work.  So when it came to snacking and desserts, this girl NEVER said no.  Today is the day that all changes.

Although I'm not planning on going on a diet or anything crazy like that, I am going to be watching what I eat from now on.  The goal is to eat 3 square meals a day and when I want a snack, to pick something healthy like fruits/veggies/etc.  And I'm starting to run again.  Went out today for a short jog...here's a picture:



Yes, it was that slow and painful!  But you've got to start somewhere, right?!  So after much convincing from my friend Alexis, I signed up for the Beach to Battleship half marathon in November.  Luckily Wilmington is a flat city:)

So, I'm posting this for all in order to keep myself honest.  I have the world's biggest sweet-tooth and I'm going to need to be accountable to someone besides myself!  I'll post more updates as the exercise begins to include more than a 15 minute jog!

Oh, and here's a few newer pictures of Reagan for those who are waiting patiently.

Hanging with Uncle Geoffrey



Tummy Time



I have no neck!

Comments

  1. I can only hope I look as good as you do at 6 weeks post partum! I know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style