two years down...and looking forward to forever

As a "Happy Anniversary gift to us from us," Jason surprised me with a Canon Rebel XS!  We got him a new point and shoot camera for his deployment, but I was using his old one, so we thought it was time to upgrade!  (especially since we've upgraded everything else - technologically speaking - in our lives)  Since he gave it to me, the only time I've put it down is to pick up Reagan:)  Additionally, on our new computer, Jason got a program called Aperture (like PhotoShop) to edit our images.  So basically, you should be able to see a difference from now on in the quality of the pictures.  If not right away, bear with me, I'm still learning.



So to celebrate our anniversary, we headed to Swansboro, where we dropped off Reagan with her Aunt Alexis.  We drove down to Historic Swansboro and ate dinner at Ducks on the waterfront.  It was a wonderful evening filled with great conversation and wonderful food.  And best of all, we didn't have to take turns eating!  The waitress, Logan, was fantastic and she brought us a banana split martini to start our celebration:
We enjoyed two appetizers, pepper-encrusted seared ahi tuna with a cucumber relish and bacon wrapped scallops:


 

Then we each enjoyed a small salad - mine was a spinach salad with bacon and hard-boiled eggs with a warm dressing and Jason had a caprese salad.  (Sorry, no pictures)  For entrees, I had a petite filet with green beans and mashed potatoes:



and Jason had one of the chef specials - littleneck clams with tiger shrimp and ravioli:



Now for those of you that know me, you won't be surprised at the dessert choice:



Yup - that's chocolate pie/cake - a cookie crust, mousse layer, cake layer and frosting.  And yes, I took a bite and ate the cherry on top before I remembered to take a picture!

And for those of you who know Jason, you won't be surprised at his dessert choice:


Bourbon.

It was a wonderful evening and I couldn't be happier. 

Here is a picture I took of Jason on the waterfront before dinner.  The second is a similar image with editing done in Aperture.  As I said, I'm still working on it, so be kind:)





Stand by for LOTS of baby pictures.  Poor Reagan has been my test subject for the new camera.  Until next time...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style