The Importance of Remembering Why We Love...

Although I have spent my fair share of time calling Valentine's Day a "Hallmark" holiday, I think I've overcome my cynicism.  Valentine's Day is an opportunity to celebrate the love we have for family and friends.  It should not solely focus on the love between men and women in relationships, but rather, remind us of our love for those special people in our lives.  Any while a special day should not be required to celebrate this love, it is nice that one exists.  You know, for all those people who have busy lives, who combine work, parenting, marriage, and hobbies leaving less than ample time to send a card or make a phone call.  Valentine's Day means that for one day of the year, we put all those things on the back burner and focus on the people who are important to us.

While waking up to flowers and chocolates is nice, finding a sincere note from the heart is even better.  Taking the time to actually say, "You are important to me and I love you.  And this is why..." is the best gift you can give to someone.  Granted, if it comes attached to a heart-shaped box of candy, you wouldn't hear any complaints from this gal:)  And an even better way to show how much you love those who are not in your local area that they are important to you on this one particular day of the year, is to create personalized cards to send to them.  I know a few grandparents out there who truly appreciate this extra touch.

So upload your favorite picture of yourself or your child and create a personalized Valentine's Day greeting card using Shutterfly.

If you want to go a step further, make a personalized mug or notepad.
And don't stop there, once you order personalized cards for this occasion, you'll want to create one for each event.  You can use Shutterfly to make birthday or bridal shower invitations!



I use Shutterfly for most of my cards/invitations and photo projects.  My favorite is making photo books!  

Comments

  1. hmmmm...you're post looks awfully similar to another blogger I follow! How come you haven't sent me an "I love you" e-mail to tell me how special I am to you? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun