Nightmares

Now every parent I've ever spoken to gives advice (unsolicited or not).  One of the common threads I've found is this: "They grow up too quickly.  Enjoy this time when they are babies!"  I am making every attempt to savor the time when Reagan just wants to sit and cuddle or roll around the floor and play with me, but I keep having nightmares that she's going to be 13 tomorrow and hate me (as is common with most pre-teen and teenage girls).  I suppose it's because I read Firefly Lane, a wonderful book, that includes a detailed description of a mother dealing with her teen daughter and the massive fights they have.  While I know it's inevitable that we'll have our fair share of arguments, I can't help but think (or hope) that somehow we'll be different.  While I'm sure I was a terror to my own parents - or at least Jessica was - I keep thinking that maybe, just maybe we'll be able to escape such a destiny.  Here's hoping anyway...

How could we possibly go from this...


to this?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style