It's about time...

That I started making Reagan's baby food!  At our baby shower last year, Mil gave me the Beaba baby food maker and my other mom, Betty, gave me a food mill to puree veggies.  We started giving Reagan vegetables (squash, carrots, peas, etc) a few weeks ago, and we used Gerber stage 1 foods.  I knew that I wanted to make my own food for Miss Reagan, but didn't want to jump into it before we got the basics down.  Well, the time came today.  We broke out both baby food making machines and tested each method.  I made carrots with the Beaba:

                                       Step 1: Dice carrots                             Step 2: Steam carrots

                   Step 3: Use handy spatula to remove carrots             Step 4: Puree

It was super easy and the clean up was quick and painless.

Next, I made butternut squash using a traditional steamer method and the food mill:

Step 1: Dice squash  Step 2: Steam

Step 3: Place cooked veggies into the food mill and puree

Also a super easy task.  For the carrots, I had to add some of the cooking liquid to get the desired consistency, but the squash was good to go without any additions.  What a wonderful way to (as my friend Lynsey put it) "know what exactly you're feeding your kid!"

I used this handy storage tray (courtesy of Mil) to freeze the food.  Once it's frozen, I'll just pop out the individual servings and store them in a Ziploc freezer bag.  

Comments

  1. Looks delicious! I know Reagan will appreciate her mom's great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, who would have guessed you'd make such a great mom when we were planning our horse farm with Logan all those years ago???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style