Productive Weekend

Despite the house being plagued by one of 100 cold viruses, we managed to be quite productive this weekend.  Here's a picture of our sick little girl looking like Rudolf with that red nose:(  Not our typically happy baby.








On Saturday, we headed to "my old stomping grounds" (a.k.a. Lowe's) to select a tree for the backyard and some things for my garden.  After careful thought and about an hour of wandering, we decided on a Cleveland Select Flowering Pear tree.  Jason and I picked out a good spot and he went to work.

Meanwhile, I went outside the fence to my garden to begin planting season!  In the smaller raised bed next to the raspberries, I decided to try my hand at a fig tree:

                           Raspberry plants starting to sprout!      The beginning of my fig tree

Additionally, I put in a rosemary plant, some potatoes and some carrot seeds.  Up next, peas and radishes.

Rosemary plant

For dinner the previous night, Jason wowed me with homemade French Onion Soup!  I failed to take pictures, but it was beautifully topped with my favorite cheeses and baguette slices and absolutely delicious!  On Saturday night, he made stuffed pork chops with a spicy watercress salad and tasty vinaigrette. 


Sunday morning, after the "spring forward," we woke up and everyone seemed to be feeling a bit better:


We decided to use the beautiful weather to our advantage and washed and waxed both cars!  Reagan was a great helper and we got to test out the backpack carrier.  Apparently it was comfortable enough for her to pass out for a spell.



And best of all...our girl is starting to feel like her usual self!  Still has a cough, but she was so much happier, which makes mommy and daddy happier too!



Comments

  1. So glad she is feeling better and health has been restored in the Goodale household. Nice backpack carrier. I told B we needed to look into getting one for Mason. Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style