Sacrifice?

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, and while I'm a bad Catholic and didn't attend church, I am planning to give up something for Lent.  Growing up, we always gave up sweets...all of them!  Let me caveat by saying that we also always cheated on St. Patrick's Day, Jessica & my birthday, and our mom's birthday:)  Yeah, I suppose we're Catholics-of-convenience!
Well, last year, being pregnant, I didn't think my system could handle a total withdrawal of sweets, so I merely gave up gummy candy (my favorite) much to the delight of my dentist.  


This year, I'm saying goodbye to all of it.  (Except on my birthday of course...hey, I stick to tradition.)  So last night I made a butter cake frosted with whipped chocolate icing.  No I did not eat all of it, though I strongly considered it.  But I did pass on 2/3 of the cake to my neighbors and helped myself to a larger portion than usual of the treat.  Now the rest has found the trash can and thus begins my "sacrifice."  


No more


or 


Now it's just a short 40 days until I can at last enjoy my favorite Easter candy...


Yes, I'm quite possibly the only 30-year old I know who still likes marshmallows dipped in sugar, but hey, we all have our faults.  What are you giving up?



Comments

  1. Peeps? Really? I'll be sure to stock up while you are in town. As for giving something up... still deciding. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style