The Rumors Are True!

Georgetown Cupcakes really are the greatest dessert E-V-E-R!  These ladies are amazing:


In case you're unfamiliar with the story - these two sisters (Sophie and Katherine) quit their jobs and opened a cupcake shop in Washington D.C.  They currently have a show on TLC that follows their day-to-day lives as the most loved cupcake bakers in the country. 

Now, I have seen my DC friends comment about Georgetown Cupcakes on their Facebook pages, but I wasn't sure what the deal was.  Then, about a week or two before Reagan was born, MIL and I watched D.C. Cupcakes on TLC.  Soon after, I looked up their website  and begged FIL to bring some down to Jacksonville.  This was no easy task, as I had to explain to him why these cupcakes cost $2.75 a piece(!) and that the line typically wraps around the block:)  But luckily he gave in quite easily and during his lunch break the day before he came down to NC, he walked in the 95-degree heat to pick up the (pre-ordered - a must to avoid the line) dozen we requested.  

FIL and Geoffrey arrived with cupcakes in hand (ok, in a cooler) and I immediately tried the lemon berry:



Ok, first of all, doesn't it almost look too good to eat?!  Well, let me just say, this was the most delicious cupcake I've ever laid eyes on (and sunk teeth into!).  What a unique flavor too!  Later that evening (after Jason got home), I tried what turned out to be my favorite one - cookies & creme:



Both the cake & icing are laced with delicious bits of cookie.  Seriously - don't order any other kind.  I'll save you the agony of making a decision about which one to get - this is the greatest.  If you don't believe me, ask Geoffrey.  He'll second my statement!  

I don't know when or why cupcakes became the "sexy" dessert, but I sure am glad they are!  And a huge shout out to my FIL for making my cupcake dream come true!

Comments

  1. My mouth is watering!!! They look too good to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish! When you visit me, be sure to place another order! It will give Geoffrey and excuse to come visit Reagan again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style