Welcome to the Age of Technology

A few days after Jason returned, we went on a bit of a shopping spree.  As most new parents do, we quickly purchased a video camera.  Now I remember the days of my dad's shoulder-mounted tape recording device that was the latest and greatest in the world of video cameras.  Take a few giant leaps forward and you have the Sony HandyCam.  This little guy fits snugly in the palm of my hand, has 60x optical zoom and records up to 16GB!  Also, it takes still shots! 


Now I never thought I'd own a video camera, but this is going to be so important when Jason is deployed again next year. I'll be able to record Reagan on a daily basis and upload the data onto a DVD and send it overseas.  Man, I'm really starting to like technology. 

Which brings us to the next big purchase...


Yes, we're officially converting to a Mac.  With a bit of persuasion from Geoffrey, we were convinced that all the troubles we have gone through with this computer I'm currently using will no longer exist once we enter the wonderful world of Apple.  To be perfectly honest, this computer has been such a headache, I'm amazed that I didn't toss it out the window during the last 7 months!  And once this new, high-speed computer arrives, we'll be able to activate our new iPhones!


Told you it was a shopping spree!  Jason and I have clung to our "regular" cell phones for years, refusing to even consider these so-called "smart" phones.  Well, from now on, we will each be using the iPhone 4.  The decision to make the big switch was partially based on the fact that our current service provider doesn't have coverage at the house, but honestly, I just want to be able to test pictures of Reagan to my friends:) 

So there you have it...we've officially joined the age of technology.  Once the computer arrives and we're online again, I'll let you know what I think of this whole crazy idea...

Comments

  1. Finally!!! I can't wait to see some of the videos you capture. Just be sure you're more organized than dad was, so that in 40 years, we aren't digging through a pile of tapes going "I wonder what's on this one?"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I would see the day that you would trade in your phone! So proud and very impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style