Catholic School Guilt?

Ok, first of all, the title probably gets you thinking that I'm about to divulge some dark secret that makes this blog worth reading...think again!  Secondly, I don't harbor that kind of Catholic school guilt, so don't be expecting any exciting reads coming up:)

...as an attendee of Catholic school from 3rd - 12th grades, I have first-hand knowledge of a wide range of school fundraising efforts.  In grade school and middle school, our "playground" was actually a parking lot and our basketball gym doubled as our cafeteria.  In high school, if you wanted to take Latin class (or a few others that escape me at this moment), you better walk yourself out to the trailers next to the school.  Let's just say, even though it was a private school, we weren't exactly rolling in the money.  Which brings me back to the title: when we were growing up, we sold everything you can imagine in that "Girl Scout door-to-door cookie selling" fashion.  You name it we sold it: wrapping paper, check; tiny Christmas trees, check; popsicles, wait...that may have been one of our own (non-school sponsored) endeavors, but you get my drift.  

So to this day, I am absolutely 100% unable to say NO to any child who rings my doorbell in hopes of raising some money for his/her school.  Which is why I have 3 tubs of cookie dough in my refrigerator right now!


Yup, I ordered 2 tubs from some girls riding through the neighborhood on bikes, and the following day, Jason informs me that he "bought a tub of cookie dough from that skateboarding kid who needs a haircut!" (side note: how old does that make my husband sound?!)  

Funny story before I go: A few days ago, two little girls carrying 2 tubs of cookie dough ring the doorbell.  Jason answers, and these girls became quite flustered (I suppose they were expecting me again) and said, "Uh, um, your mom ordered this from us."  They practically tossed the cookie dough at him and rode off on their bikes.  And while I may be 6 months older than Jason, I hardly think that qualifies me to be his mom:)  

Comments

  1. Hahah!! Mike can't refuse girl scouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny that they thought you were Jason's mom! And yes, you are definitely right...the Popsicles were one of our many hair-brained, "we're gonna be rich" schemes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style