The Best Thing I Ever Ate...

I think that's the title of a show on the Food Network channel, but in this case, it refers to my dinner on Sunday night.  Jason slow roasted a pork shoulder that was rubbed with brown sugar and sea salt and basted with the fat/juices throughout the cooking process.   Seriously, it was probably one of if not the best thing I've ever eaten!  In addition to the pork shoulder, he steamed broccoli, cooked a bag of instant rice (at my request) and made a cucumber/carrot salad.  We could easily have done without any of those "sides" and just had more meat!  Words do not do this meal justice, and a picture only gets you half way there.  



The entire outside was this crispy, kind of melt-in-your mouth fat that I never in a million years would admit to eating, except that it was AMAZING!  I suppose that's what happens when you spend 7+ hours cooking a piece of meat and drenching it in its own fat:)  I'm not positive, but I think if I could have convinced my sister to try a bite, she probably wouldn't be a vegetarian anymore!!

Comments

  1. And to think.. you used to be a vegetarian. The meal sounds amazing and the meat is mouth watering. I need to make a visit so J can cook for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that looks SO darn yummy! I definitely need to try that. I'm sure the Hubs will LOVE it. So I just have to rub the meat with brown sugar and sea salt? What temp and how many hours please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get this from Cook's Illustrated?? We've made this twice now! I'm doing a blog about it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is from Cooks Illustrated! Good call Katie. Mommy Mye...if you want the recipe, send me an email at jennifer.ryu@gmail.com and I'll get it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep on dreaming...I'll stick to the rice and carrots :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun