Murphy's Law

Two Tuesdays ago, I managed to lose my wallet.  I went to the gym on base, then stopped for gas, popped home for a brief moment to feed Reagan and get her ready for the baby sitter, and was heading off to photography class when I realized it was missing.  I suppose that when Reagan started crying while I was pumping gas, I got distracted and did something I never do, which is to place my wallet on top of the car...and didn't pick it back up:(

So I spent the next few hours/days canceling credit/debt cards, ordering new Tricare cards for Reagan and myself, and getting a new license and military ID card.  Yeah, it sucked.  This past Thursday, I received the last credit card that was missing and the only thing that remained was to go down to the dreaded Social Security Administration office to get a new SS card (yes, I know you're not supposed to keep it in your wallet.  lesson learned.)  And in keeping with Murphy's Law, on Friday afternoon, someone called to report that they had found my wallet in the median right outside the base.  Here's what was left:


No cash (only $12 lost), no cards (they had all been cancelled), but my SS card and my gym daycare card were both there!!!  Of course I had already replaced my license and ID card, but such is life...  I'm just glad that I can avoid the SSA office:)  

Morals of the story:

1) DO NOT KEEP YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD IN YOUR WALLET

2) Begin replacing everything immediately and surely someone will find what you've lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style