Learning to Sew

I came across a great photo on Play at Home Mom, LLC and wanted to try to replicate the idea. It's a fun way for kids to learn how to sew!

Source
I headed to Michael's in search of supplies, but couldn't find burlap, so we improvised. I grabbed a couple of $1 wooden frames (plus I had a larger one at home), some large plastic needles, 4 bundles of yarn, and two sheets of plastic grid (for lack of a better description). 


I cut the plastic grid to size and used super glue and a stapler to adhere it to the back of the frame: 


Ideally I think it would be better to use a large staple gun, but since we don't own one of those, I improvised:) 

Using the larger frame, I made a "learn to sew" tool for Reagan's friend, Chloe:


That blue thing next to the name is the "needle." It's large enough and soft enough for 2-year olds. Perfect! And while Reagan hasn't played with hers yet because she's very focused on the Moon Dough she got for her birthday, I bet she's going to have a blast! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style