Huspaz!

To even out yesterday's post of dislikes, I thought it would be appropriate to list a few things I'm grateful for and things I just love for the sake of themselves.

1.  My wonderful husband, Jason.  He supports us single-handedly, cooks a gourmet meal for me once a week, and is my best friend.  I've tried keeping secrets from him, but it never works.  I always cave and tell him everything.  He's kind, generous, understanding, and so much fun to be around.  Jason is a wonderful father and we're so lucky to have him!


2.  Our beautiful daughter, Reagan.  I put my husband first, because without him, we wouldn't have Reagan:)  She is truly the light of our lives and I can hardly remember life before she came along.  She's a joy to be around (most of the time) and I cherish the fact that I can stay home with her.  It seems as though she learns something new each and every day.  And even when I'm at my wits end and have to carry around all 20 pounds of her, I can't complain.  We are blessed to have her in our lives.

3.  The crazy mutt, Tommy.  I used to post pictures of Tommy more often, but it seems he's taken a backseat to photos of Miss Reagan:(  We still love him dearly and he travels almost everywhere with us as most of my family and friends are willing to accept that he's just part of the family!  He's a great dog and has been so good with Reagan.  Jason couldn't have picked a better dog (sorry Daisy:).

4.  Reagan's amazing grandparents.  Some people have a love/hate relationship with their in-laws.  Not this girl.  I couldn't be happier with the family I married into.  They never cease to amaze me with their generosity.  We are so thankful for all they do for us and for Reagan.


5.  Reagan's Uncle Geoffrey, my fantastic brother-in-law.  Geoffrey stayed with us for a couple weeks after Jason returned from his deployment last year.  It was when Reagan was just a month old and without his help, I don't know what I would have done.  I definitely wouldn't have been well rested!  He's so good with Reagan and even with his busy work schedule and social calendar, he makes time to spend hanging out at home when we are visiting.  Couldn't have asked for a better BIL.
6.  My friends...Colleen, Lynsey, and Jessica.  Now it may seem strange to list my twin sister among my list of friends, but after college, we actually became friends.  It's incredible to have a bond with such amazing women.  I've shared my concerns/joys/fears with Lynsey as we've navigated motherhood together and now we get to do the same with Colleen.  To think we've stayed so close after all these years is so special.  Jessica always shares her stories of Nessie (her own child) and asks often of Reagan. We all talk regularly and without them, I'd be even more insane than I actually am.  

7.  Good food!  Got to have that odd addition:)  I'm lucky that Jason is quite the chef.  He has made so many delicious meals for me that I can't name them all.  My favorite is a slow-roasted pork shoulder, but I'd eat anything he cooked.  I've definitely opened myself up to trying new things after joining the Goodale clan and I'm happier for it.  

And these are my happier thoughts...

Comments

  1. Thanks for the good reminder to always be grateful for the wonderful things we have in our lives. I am forever grateful for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your "pet peeve" entry but this one is beautiful. It's wonderful you can appreciate the good things in your life and wonderful that you have shared them with those who love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun