It's About Time

For nearly three wonderful years (June 2006-Jan 2009), I lived in or close to Washington D.C. and had ready access to any and all types of food.  I cruised Eastern Market for fresh cuts of meat, veggies, and flowers.  I could walk to Harris Teeter or drive a short distance to Trader Joe's or Whole Foods to pick up all varieties of delicious treats.

Then I moved to Jacksonville.  A place where a beef tenderloin is no where to be found - stores don't carry them for fear of theft (although I have no idea how someone would steal such a thing).  A town where I get strange looks for asking if the clerk knows where I could find polenta as if I made up such a food.  So for the past year and a half, whenever we wanted something besides ground beef and a head of iceberg lettuce, we've ventured to Wilmington to visit one of the three Harris Teeter's in a 5 mile radius.  Well NO MORE!  A Harris Teeter has come to Hampstead, just a short 25-30 minute drive south.  Yeah, probably seems crazy to you guys who live in civilization, but spend a few days at my house and you'll soon realize that it takes that long to get just about anywhere!

We met a friend yesterday morning for breakfast and stopped by the new mecca to look around.  $120 later, Reagan and I strolled out happy as two peas in a pod.  Hurray for variety!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style