Saying Goodbye

On Monday morning, following the baptism, Jason said a sad goodbye to his mom, dad, and brother.  Unlike the usual goodbyes (that always bring tears from Mil:), this one was tougher because they were saying goodbye for 7 months.  And on Thursday at 0100, Reagan and I took Jason to his office to say our farewells.  He has left for his fourth deployment.  As difficult as it was for him to leave last January, knowing he would miss the birth of his first child, I cannot fathom how much worse this one was as he hugged and kissed his daughter for the last time on Thursday morning.  And even though I hated to see him leave (although we didn't actually stay to see the buses pull away this time...in our small effort to keep Reagan on somewhat of a schedule), I know he and his company are well prepared for this deployment.  We will probably not hear from him as often as we did during the MEU deployment, but whenever we do, I will pass along the updates. 








Jason,

These next seven months are probably going to be the most difficult of my 31 years.  Saying goodbye to my best friend was tough, but you left me with a great reminder of you.  We will watch videos of you everyday and I will talk to Reagan about you often.  Know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers.  You are our hero and we love you dearly.

Always,
Me & R

Comments

  1. He will be in my thoughts...and you and Reagan will be too. Call whenever and definitely come visit the "RIGHT" coast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style