There are just some things...

that bother me beyond explanation.  My husband is aware of most of these things and loves me in spite of my craziness.  I wish I could undergo hypnotism and cure myself of these dislikes, but alas, I'm just so neurotic, even that probably wouldn't work.

1.  Loud chewing noises.  Now for most people, this would mean that they don't like it when others chew with their mouthes open.  For me, it includes all chewing, open- or closed-mouth.  Potato chips, raw veggies, bubble gum, ICE, and basically all things crunchy drive me crazy!  This can be somewhat controlled if I am also partaking in the chewing, but no guarantees.

2.  Even numbers.  Don't ask.  I have no earthly idea why they bother me so much.  Imagine spending every other year of your life just waiting to be 25, or 31...yes, it's insane.

3.  Skin diseases.  If you have one, I'm sorry, but please don't ever show it to me.  This fear/dislike extends so far as to make me totally paranoid during the Halloween season when grocery stores proudly display their many various gourds.  Just posting this picture kind of makes me gag.  My loving husband typically chases me around the store with one in each hand demanding that I touch one before he relents.  True love, right?!



4.  Some shortened/slang words.  Two particular words come to mind when I say this is my dislike.  Pregnant and husband.  Is it really necessary to say preggo/preggers or hubby/hubs?  I don't get it.  Along with this dislike I include Facebook posts and text messages that say LOL (particularly, as my brother-in-law points out, if you're not actually laughing out loud), or shorten simple words such as love = luv, nothing = nothin, them = em, about = bout, probably = prolly... and the list goes on.  Really people, are you saving that much time by dropping a letter or two?  And let's be realistic, it just makes you sound unintelligent.

5.  I'm really done with my list, but in my insanity, I have to come up with a fifth one to make it a nice odd numbered list.  Competition.  In my younger days, being born a twin, everything was a competition.  Jessica and I took it to such extremes as seeing who could fill up the pint bag at the Red Cross blood donation faster.  But now, as I've aged, I find myself less and less interested in competition.  Perhaps it's because I realized that I can do just about everything, but I'm not particularly great at anything.  Or maybe it's because I'm just tired of comparing myself to others and coming up short.  I may not be a fast runner (let's be honest...jogger), or the best mother, but I participate in local 5ks and my child is clothed, fed, and happy, and I'm fine with that.  Life is good.  Especially when you sit back and enjoy it sans competition.

And these are my thoughts for today...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style