My husband is home...

I finally eat real meals again.  As most military spouses will tell you, we don't exactly eat dinner when our husbands are gone.  I eat a combination of rice/seaweed (I'm Asian...it's not weird), cereal with fruit, or mac & cheese.  I realize this isn't exactly the healthiest way to go, but it works for us and now that I have Reagan, I typically choose the easy route.  I justify this by making meals for my baby:)

On Sunday, Jason cooked a delicious meal for us.  We had some frozen shrimp and a pork tenderloin, so he searched the internet and came up with a few good options.  He peeled the shrimp and I mixed up the sauce (lemon juice, unsalted butter, parsley, and garlic).  This sauce was made in an aluminum pan and heated on the grill.  Meanwhile, Jason grilled the shrimp on skewers and then tossed them in the sauce over the heat.  I can't speak first hand, but he says they were delicious.  Stupid shellfish allergy:(  But they did look yummy.


As for the pork tenderloin, he sliced it into several servings and peppered it, pre-cooked a few strips of bacon in the microwave, and wrapped the filets.  In a pan of olive oil, he cooked them on the stovetop.  The were quite tasty and as most of you would agree, anything wrapped in bacon has to be a hit!




Hooray for real food!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style