Scholar's Dollars 5k

In typical, non-planning Jennifer fashion, I looked up a 5k on Friday night and decided that if we were up early enough, we'd go register.  Luckily, this was a local one, so when Reagan woke up at 7, we got dressed and headed out the door.  I had already run this route on Tuesday with the Stroller Warriors, so I felt ready.  Once we registered, I ran into a SW I had not met yet, Shannon and her son:


Our fearless SW leader, Stephanie (on the left) was walking the 5k with her sister-in-law and they made the cutest shirts of the occasion:


The course was an easy, flat one and Reagan and I ran a fairly steady pace.  We finished in just under 27 minutes which was fast enough to take 2nd place in my age group.  In typical Reagan fashion, she finished the race in a mild coma:


Another SW, Andrea, beat her last 5k time by 2+ minutes:


My friend Kelley, who came to cheer on the SW group took this picture of Reagan and me after the race:


The race was not well organized, but in the end, it was a great way to spend a beautiful Saturday morning.  I'm so glad I have such a lovely running partner:)  Reagan is a champ at these events!

Comments

  1. Great job on your run. Love the picture of you and Reagan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree, the picture of you and Reagan is great. Good job on the run!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NC Girls' Weekend

Bath Time Fun

Bath Time: PAHM Style